04-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #74
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublevanosrc View Post
Youre telling me! It takes some getting used to. I checked my 302 last summer after 12 years and the engine has virtually no carbon. And then I have to worry about my 135 thats a quarter of the age...sigh...I guess thats what I get for buying an expensive car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post
Still this is a serious issue. As in no joke issue a legal professional would love to get their hands on and take BMW US to court for a class action law suit.

Inherent in the design or not the fact that the cars performance is such that the emissions increase with decrease in performance due to normal function screams class action law suit!

If I was BMW USA I would be wondering what my liabilities and responsibilities are with respect to this issue.

Think about it, if enough carbon builds up that the car no longer functions and fails emissions testing....this could be very very bad.
Yeah...the Audi guys have been trying to do this for the longest time. It hasnt worked despite the fact that RS4s have been popping CELs and losing a quarter of their power within 30K miles due to carbon.

Appreciate 0