sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Talking about an old thread revival!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em/1 View Post
I think your butt dyno is suffering a huge placebo effect. Insrtumented runs would likely be minutely better if measurable! They are nice looking tho!
Possibly, but the only thing I would say that related to my butt dyno is really only the reving and braking. Quite posible the feeling of smoothness is more due to its effect on suspension. Theoretically, it is worth only about 2% of equivalent mass the most.

Grip, turn-in and ride are substantially better. Bumps on regular routes no longer trigger traction where it used to whilst MDM is on. Comfort was improved - specifically I can feel more little bumps, but bumps doesn't feel as harsh - now, and I am only comparing regular routes that I travel. Turn-in was quicker despite the PSS which everyone says which was worse than the stock ps2. These were substantially different enough - as I personally wasn't expecting the difference to be this much. This make sense because all these related to the difference in wheel plus brakes alone - which is >20% difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
Although I agree the difference is almost unbelievable, the merit of lighter wheels is not just in overall mass decrease. Lighter wheel needs less energy to spin up (and require less energy to dissipate while slowing down) ...

Sparoz is the fuel consumption gain is still in effect and from your POV related to the light weight wheels?

OP, nice wheels and in spite of their price: tempting, ... thx for posting.
It settled around 10.6 whilst I was still DDing the car. Theoretically the difference shouldn't be that big - so probably something else is at play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
By far the best wheels for a VO 1M or maybe any 1M! Definitely tempting, even seducing...despite crazy pricing I am having daydreaming about those like I ruin the stocks by "accident" and have to give the car and myself an expensive gift

God help all the addicts and midlife victims!
It is seducing, as long as you don't ruin the axle at the same time:

Appreciate 0