View Single Post
      06-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #55
Grayson
Heisenberg
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Heisenberg takes a trip to BRRacing

Another update! As i've learned, since I've been in California, emissions here are a big deal. My car was from out of state and thus needed to be SMOGGED. The AR Catless Downpipes weren't helping that situation at all...

I needed to revert back to OEM downpipes in order to get SMOGGED. Total PITA and waste of money. But, there was a silver lining:

Being new to the area was difficult but I did a ton of research, talked to a lot of people, and finally decided to take a trip up to BRRacing in Los Gatos CA. The drive is about 30 miles each way for me, but it was definitely worth it! I'm really glad I made the decision to take the car there. I'm happy to say I've found the shop that I'll be exclusively dealing with for the majority of this build.

I dealt mostly with Rob, who was extremely helpful and knowledgable about my 135i. Their estimate was spot on, the work was excellent, and there were no curve balls. I've been to a lot of shady mechanics and auto body places and I'm definitely confident that these guys stand by their work and are trustworthy. It's not easy to find that kind of place nowadays, so I definitely suggest people take a trip there if you're in the Bay Area. Here's some pictures for everyone:

AR Catless Downpipes | Berk Full Street Exhaust | HPF FMIC | COBB AP | aFe Magnum Stage 2 | E93 M3 Front Sway Bar & Bushings | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | Hardwired Radar | Eurotek BBS LM | Schmiedmann LCI Blacklines | BMW Performance: Spoiler, Diffuser, Shift Boot, E-Brake
Appreciate 0