View Single Post
      07-22-2021, 08:20 PM   #10
Mandinca
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E88 and 2016 F85

Quote:
Originally Posted by E91WAG3N View Post
I did the reverse retrofit on my (since sold) E82. I had to add a ground for the xenon and move one pin for the high beam to get it to work with the xenon shudder. I *think* you should be fine in reverse since the ground is unneeded. OEM Euro Halogen headlights look great and are comparable in price from Schmiedmann and other European-based vendors.

Check out Suprgnat's car: https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1570551
I think you might be the person I really need to talk to. So, my 135i (E88) was in an accident and the headlight unit got cracked. The adaptive stopped working and I got an error message on the dashboard. After that I noticed a lot of moisture in the headlight so I investigated and found a hole in the back of the unit. So I bought a used unit from someone on EBay and put it in. I also replaced a ballast because it was literally full of water when I pulled the old headlight unit out. Right, so I bought a new ballast from Amazon for $60 and a pair of bulbs (Osram) and put everything back together. I immediately noticed a slight flickering when I pulled up behind someone or up to my garage door. I didn't actually check to see which side was flickering, wish I had now. Anyway, fast forward a year and now one of my main beams doesn't work. The halo and turn signal both work on that unit, just the main beam, whether it's dipped or not. I also noticed that it looks like that bulb is now pointed all the way to the right....almost like the adaptive started to reset itself then stopped. What's weird is that when I coded it the light worked as a normal headlight (just no adaptive) for several weeks afterwards then suddenly stopped. I immediately assumed the bulb was dead and switched it....but it still doesn't work. Any ideas what this is ? Does that sound like a ballast issue and is the ballast that metal pack that plugs in underneath the light unit ?

And....the main reason for my message - when you swapped out your lights did you have adaptive and switch them to LED's ? Did you switch out the complete headlamp units ? What was involved, plug and play or was there more to it ?

Thanks.