View Single Post
      03-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
130iRacer
Rep
Drives: 130i

Aus 130i to be turned into racer, looking to get rid of & swap parts

Hi everyone,

I live in Perth, Western Australia, and I've recently acquired a 2006 130i E87 that I am now in the process of turning into a tarmac race car. This means most of the interior is being stripped, non essential pieces are being left off the car to save weight, and I am looking to get rid of and swap some parts to recoup some of the cost of the car. The car is obviously the M-Sport package, and is in the Titanium Silver metallic colour, with boston leather black trim.

This is not yet a final list of what I am willing to get rid of on the car as I am not the only one invested in it. I am primarily trying to canvas some reactions. Those interested in possible swaps/purchases can thus reply and I can see what needs preserving. Some may stay on the list, some may come off, new ones may come on. If you can think of something that a race car doesn't need and you would like, suggest it.

There is one special thing in particular I would like to trade: I have no use for the PDC system in it's entirety. That means sensors, module, module holder, and importantly, the M-sport rear bumper with the sensor holes. If someone is looking to retrofit a PDC system to their vehicle I can provide these parts in exchange for your bumper without the holes. I don't mind about colour as long as you don't, as this vehicle is being repainted.

So far I have the following things I'm reasonably sure I am getting rid of:

-Sunroof assembly & glass
-Roof lining to fit sunroof
-Entire airbag system & controller
-Seatbelts
-Pillar trims
-Cargo area linings & trims
-A/C compressor & lines
-Back seat bench & back seat uprights
-Front & rear carpets
-Full BMW professional sound system including cd changer
-Original rear muffler
-Front full power seats, driver & passenger, driver has memory
-All the water channeling & the cabin filter from on top of the engine bay
-Wiper fluid reservoir
-Ride height sensors
-Original brake calipers & rotors
-Handbrake lever
-M sport shocks & springs (BIG maybe, may need to be kept as backup)

Just note the following things need to stay in the car due to the series regulations/because I want them too, so don't suggest them:

-Steering wheel (don't need the airbag though, a popped cover would do me)
-Dashboard
-Front & centre console
-Pedals
-A few others I can't remember off the top of my head.

Not limited to the Perth area. Interstate & international as fine as long as you are aware of shipping costs. If you're interested, just reply! Thanks for looking.
Appreciate 0