View Single Post
      03-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #43
Ruffan
Rep
Drives: '09 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
I installed my BR bar a couple of weeks ago. Here are some pics.

If you look closely you'll see that on each side of the rear cross bar there are two holes for bolts. The guys at BR and vlkwagon (red bar above) both said that their car had stock bolts in all four holes. My car only had bolts in the top 2 bolt holes, so I'm working with Bruce and Robb to figure out what bolts I need for the lower holes.

This pic shows the drain plug that needs to be removed so that you can use the sandwich plate that comes with the bar. I ended up drilling a hole and yanking them out with the bolt/nut that comes with the bar. If I ever take the bar out I'll have to find a way to re-plug the hole...

I took the rear seats out so that I could fit my track wheels back there. It was a serious struggle to make the decision, but I've had the car for 3.5 years and had people in the back maybe 4 times, so in the end my wife and I decided to just leave them out. If we change our minds the re-install will take an hour (doesn't include the 6 hour drive from NYC to Pittsburgh, where the seat is in storage)

Without the Harness bar I can fit 3 race tires in the back seat and one in the trunk with room for my tools.

Our amazing helper:

Last edited by Ruffan; 03-30-2012 at 12:48 PM..
Appreciate 0