View Single Post
      02-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Longer Tire Life - OEM Runflats vs Michelin PSS vs Continental ExtremeContact DW

Hey guys,

I know there are lengthy discussions about swapping out the runflats, and having previously owned a 135 with them, which at times were unbareably bone-jarring on city streets, I'm considering getting either the Michelin Pilot Super Sports or Continental ExtremeContact DW tires for my new 135 on order.

My questions are really about tire life between the 3. The car will just be driven as a normal daily driver, never taking it to the track, so grip and performance aren't an issue, just comfort and longevity. The Continentals are several hundred dollars cheaper, but I can't figure out how long any of these tires should last to accurately gauge the long-term cost of just keeping the OEM runflats and losing a few fillings on bumps and potholes or swapping them for one of the two non-runflat options that may need to be replaced every 15-20K miles.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone was able to swing something with the dealer where they swap the tires at a discounted price or for free, that'd be good to know as well since we're paying for more expensive tires we don't want when we buy the car. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0