Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N55 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [7.06]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal View Post
I've been consuming ~1 qt. every 2-3k miles. I think you may have seen my post on the FB group about my intake pipes starting to drip oil! OCC is a must, and I've got the AR design one on order... It'll definitely keep the oil from going where it shouldn't but it won't do anything for your oil consumption. I'm doing an oil change every 7.5k miles FWIW, and will be doing a change sometime this week (just hit 37,500 miles).

Also, you mentioned that you bought a qt. of Castrol 5W-30... did you make sure it was LL-01 spec? I'm going to ask the dealership to hand me a bottle or two of their oil, so I don't have to pay for something that should be covered under the maintenance plan.
Hmmm... According to Castrol's website, their 0W-30 SYNTEC is LL-01 spec, but I thought 5W-30 was required? Either way, this is what I bought:

http://www.castrol.com/castrol/secti...tentId=7067053

SAE 0W–30:

Castrol SYNTEC 0W-30 European Formula is engineered to meet the Mercedes Benz 229.5 specification*. The 0W-30 viscosity grade is ideal for winter conditions where low temperature pumpability is required. A unique, low-temperature formulation provides exceptional pumpability in cold weather and allows for unaided engine starts down to -40ºF. Exceeds all car and light truck manufacturer’s warranty requirements for the protection of gasoline, diesel and turbocharged engines where API SL, SJ, SH, CF or CD is recommended. Exceeds European ACEA: A3, B3, B4; VW 502 00, 505 00; MB 229.1, 229.3, 229.5; BMW LL-01; GM-LLA-025, GM-LL-B-025 and the engine protection requirements of ILSAC GF-3 for API Certified Gasoline Engine Oils.

SAE 5W–30:

is the most recommended grade in today’s new cars. Exceeds all car and light truck manufacturer’s warranty requirements for the protection of gasoline, diesel and turbocharged engines where API SM, SL, SJ, SH, CF or CD is recommended. Exceeds European ACEA: A1, A5, B1, B5, GM 6094M; Ford WSS M2C929-A and all requirements of ILSAC GF-4 for API Certified Gasoline Engine Oils and meets Energy Conserving Standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZAGLO View Post
Track Rat....Thankx for the info...I have appeciated your honesty and knowledge on these forums !!
You have tons more experience on engines and cars than i do....my specialty is in the BEER and WINE expertise...as a past owner of a retail liquor store for over 20 years and currently WINE manager of a store in NJ with the largest beer selection in the state..I love beer...The list goes on and on but do not want to bore anyone with my shit so....thankx again !!

BACK ON TOPIC.....sorry