Thread: Intake for N51
View Single Post
      01-24-2022, 11:49 PM   #1
racer_951
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 M3, Cayman S, 128i MS, SPB

Intake for N51

Hi, I am new to 128i. I just bought a 128i M Sport 6MT. I will be selling my 135i to my daughter. I'll pick up the 128i on Wednesday. But I already got my mod machine running in my head . Looking through this forum, there is definitely a lot more discussion on N52 which is the mainstream engine whereas N51 seems like an unwanted step child. Fortunately, it does come with the 3 stage manifold. I noticed all of the intake mods listed in various sites like Turner Motorsports listing intake systems, even the silicone elbow, for N52 only. Why's is that? Is the N51 intake much different. I plan to delete the secondary cats and while we are at it, have the muffler shop fabricate an axle back. I know deleting the secondary cats will increase performance some like like the AFE mid-pipe for my Z4M roadster (for sale by the way). But I doubt any axle back exhaust will make much difference in performance. Forgot to mention, I also plan to get a tune either from AA or StageFP.

Going back to the intake, I hope to get your comments and suggestions. Any N51 performance mod suggestions are also welcome. The car will be used as daily (I am in my retirement) and track. Headers and MILVs will be considered down the road.

Thanks guys and gals!

Litko
Appreciate 0