View Single Post
      04-02-2008, 11:46 PM   #100
Chicago1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzy4135i View Post
It will still be slower than my S4 but I'll have a warranty *and* that new car smell. :biggrin: I hate to sell the S4 but I'm definitely looking forward to the rear drive dinan upgraded 135i!
Did you mod your S4? Thing must be quick if you think your Dinan-tuned 135i will still be slower than the Audi.
[The biturbo Audi S4 is the high performance version of the "B5 Chassis" Audi A4 quattro. This version of the S4 was sold from model years 2000-2002. Don't let its understated looks fool you. With a 0-60 time of 5.5 seconds, (electronically limited) top speed of 145mph, and superlative handling, it will leave many pure sports cars in the dust, can compete handily with a BMW M3 (probably its closest competition) on the racetrack and is unsurpassed when the road conditions are wet, snowy, or icy. The S4 beat the M3 in a Motor Trend comparison, its abilities under bad road conditions not even considered. ]
Even the 2008 S4 is only putting up 5.3 0-60. I would imagine that since C&D put up a 4.7sec 0-60 on a bone-stock 135i (http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take_road_test), that a Dinan tune would knock a couple tenths off this figure and smoke a stock S4, and perhaps a tuned S4, depending on what's under the hood.