View Single Post
      07-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #92
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

No order, no deposit as well. May of 2011 I was in a BSM(wanted white) e92 335 6MT with a jb4 and dci, car was good fun but when I'd bought it i'd wanted a 135i, my gf at the time spoke so much of how the 135 was a very feminine car that I finally gave in and shopped for a manual 335. It was a great car but I was coming from a turbo'ed and slammed z3, so the 335 was huge to me.

At that time I needed new tires, I started looking for something to add grip because I was just shredding the 255's, I then realized 255 was as big as you could go on the stock wheels, so then I was looking at wheels. Coming from the z3 I knew this was a slippery slope(the only thing stock was most body panels and the inside rear view mirror).. I eventually settled on ordering rs3's in stock sizing and hoping it would be enough to put down the JB4 power.. while they were being shipped I saw my first 1M on the road. Game over.. It had everything I wanted in a car, a turbo'ed 6, RWD, a LSD, huge wheels, wheel wells that would hold anything I wanted and most importantly it was a smaller form factor that my gf couldn't spend her time making condescending gestures of my immaturity(while maybe she still could) and the cars lack of masculinity. I was sold.

That day I sent an email to all the BMW sales guys I or family members had bought cars from in the past, I'm always involved in their purchases, asking that they let me know if they somehow had one available.. All I got back were ridiculously snarky emails from salesman "Yea right, good luck" "lol, little late on that one", the most serious response: "I'll let you know if someone backs out, but not likely". My tires showed up, I depressingly was set to go get them installed that same day, hopes slashed, reassuring myself that it was a better financial decision to stay in the 335, boy that was wrong. That salesman with a decent response calls me up extremely excited, "I have one in our sister dealership a few hours away that someone just backed out of, lets make this happen!" I spent the next two days hammering them on my trade in and the 1M's price, drove up and picked it up, they asked if I wanted a test drive, "no thank you, just get me something to sign and the keys please," i already knew what i needed to without touching the car, that drive home was the happiest hour of my life I think!

Sent the tires I'd ordered back, and never looked back, amazing that the car is worth somewhere near what I payed and I can't think of selling it, it's a perfect car in my book, I'd love a bit better aerodynamics but who the hell cares when your behind the wheel with gobs of power.. thank you to the engineers for making the car I was waiting for

Dropped it off for the 30k service today, wish I could keep the miles off, but I just want to drive it.
BSM 1M, Motion Control Coilovers, JB4 G5 ISO, BMS E85 Flash, ECS CF sealed intake, N54 Tuning DP's, N55 Mid Pipes, Evolve Race Midpipe Back Exhaust, Wagner FMIC, Stett CP w/ Tial BOV, CDV, Performance Steering Wheel, Big Tires on CH-R's.