08-30-2010, 04:28 AM   #4
135gofast
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
Not enough info. What size are the rims and is this a problem with just the fronts? I doubt it has anything to do with Hankook as a brand.
ptack - the rims are APEX ARC8s, 8.5" front, 9.5" rear, direct 1 series fitment with no spacers. Vorshlag camber plates set at -1.7 required to fit the 245s. Otherwise stock suspension.

Only the fronts are problematic. The rears show no wear beyond the end of the tread. At one autox event, i dumped the camber plates to max (about -2.5) for a couple of runs to see if that mattered, it didn't. Running that much camber with the current alignment yields too much toe out, so i prefer to go with -1.7 setting.

I figured it was because of overdriving the car, but switching to the rfts for 1 autox and 2 hpde's there was no issue . So it's gotta be either the larger, grippier 245s, the tires themselves or maybe something about the alignment.

Any opinion welcome. It's either upgrade the suspension or buy new tires and risk ruining them prematurely too (which is the reason for posting about mixing 245 rfts fronts with Hankooks rears).