View Single Post
      05-02-2008, 09:53 AM   #1
MINI135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C and 2013 FR-S

Let's talk STU!

I am thinking:

17x9 with at least 255's. You can go up to 275 but I am sure fender modification is in order. Dunlop Z1, Re01r's, or Advans (your choice)-Shaved.

LSD of course

Double adjustable TC Kline coilovers, 600/500 range?

Camber plates for lots of camber up front

Did I mention LSD

The one good thing I have seen at Nationals is the HPT surface allows great rotation due to how slippery it is. This is an advantage for the RWD BMW's. The drawback is lack of traction against the AWD cars, and it is a very big drawback!

The 7th place BMW 325is in STX last year at Nationals is a car I beat all the time at home in Denver in my 07 Cooper S (STX Trim). In fact, I just beat him again last Saturday by 2/10ths. On the HPT surface I was 1.5 seconds behind due to my lousy FWD and the horrible slippery surface.

The take home is the BMW 325is that I have a good comparison or reference to was in 7th against all the WRX's and took a trophy home.
I think the smaller and tight courses at HPT lend to the rotation abilities of the BMW. I would think a STU 135i with 300 hp might be able to see a trophy finish against those pesky STI/EVO's in STU! (Thirteen tropies last year in STU).
Appreciate 0