05-29-2006, 10:20 AM   #1323
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep
Drives: from Deutchland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neekulaz
Guys, I've a quick question.

How is Bi-Xenon different from a normal Xenon light? It seems to me that Bi-Xenon means Xenon is installed for both high and low beam, rite?

My 320i comes with Bi-Xenon as a selected option. However, I've not noticed until recently (I was completely new to cars months ago) that when I used or flashed the high beam, the yellowish bulb located next to the Xenon bulb will light up, resulting in a mix of Xenon and a yellowish light when the high beam is used.

Just wanna ask if there's something wrong with this. Should BMWHK have installed four xenon light bulbs in the light compartment? Is what I've described above normal? It would be a really nightmare if it is not. I need to have a good talk with BMWHK - even if I've signed the vehicle acceptance form.

Thanks guys for helping out.
As far as I know, the bi-xenon means both low and high beam are xenon. It is normal that when you "flash" your high beam, the yellow halogen bulbs light up because when you "flash" your high beam, probably you are encountering some "emergency or hazards" and the xenon will take at least 2-3 seconds before they are lighted up. Imagine when you "flash" your high beam during "emergency situations" and you have to wait for 2-3 seconds that's why the yellow halogen lights up in order to give you instant lighting

If you try to set your Xenon high beam constantly on (not flashing it) then you should not see the yellowish halogen high beam (I am not sure exactly, try it and tell us )
Appreciate 0