froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
Hi Guys,

I will be distributing these locally in Australia. Pricing to be finalised, but will be priced to be similar to USA but with free local delivery.

There is confusion between definitions of what open source means in this market. I am not going to say who is right, but some are disappointed in what the product is and the open source claim. It is unfortunate this has happened.

I personally recognise that some generous developers choose to develop software and donate their efforts for free, and kudos to them for doing that. However I don't think anyone has the right to expect that from anyone. If you think it should be free why don't you do it for free. If your skills are not in software and you are unable to do this, would you do your day job for free?

I think the product is VERY well priced for the features it offers, and if not for the confusion of peoples expectations, I am sure that all would agree it represents both great value and opportunity for the N54 community to Flash tune their cars, share tunes, customise tunes at a much lower price point than has previously been available.

Cheers,

Adrian
Yeah I agree that's where all of the disappointment lies, in the "Open Source" labelling. If it was released without all of the open source hype I think the release would have been much much more positive than it has been.

Just out of curiosity, will you be offering the flexfuel and LPFP upgrade in Australia once this is released?
Appreciate 0