View Single Post
      03-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #1
brracing
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, 135i, Mini Cooper S -

BRracing 135i w Vorsteiner CF front lip

More refinements being added to the BRracing 135i project car (and if you are not familiar with the BRracing 135i project, see the photo section).

This addition is both for performance, and for looks.

As many have noted from a performance perspective, the car suffers from understeer when driven hard. Most of that can be addressed through the extensive suspension modifications, both detailed here, and by so many others in other posts.
But, we would love to have more downforce, and that can usually be addressed with the addition of a front splitter or front lip.

We needed a piece that was both very pleasing to look at, great construction, and had the strength to endure when speeds of over 140mph are obtained on the track. At those speeds, huge amounts of downforce can be generated, and we needed to ensure we had a very stout piece that also had the right attachment elements/methods and overall strength.

We now have one, in the brand new single piece Vorsteiner CF front lip. It is a beautiful piece, built to the same exacting standards that Vorsteiner is known for, but they have also added some strength reinforcing elements to provide the strength and rigidity needed.
- beautiful piece, beautiful finish
- great fitment
- great price
- reinforced construction

The pics show the wonderful fitment and tightness that can be achieved (attention needs to be taken if anyone undergoes the installation AND intends on using the splitter on the track, and we can provide some additional information on how the installation needs to be performed if this is ever to see track duty).

The next track outing for the car will be at our special event at Laguna Seca (BRracing has rented the track for our customer program along with bringing in our Professional Race driver friends to do individual instruction for our customer group) on Monday, March 15, 2010.

Enjoy...and yes, we can get this beautiful piece for you.
Name:  BRR 135i Vors front lip headon.jpg
Views: 7743
Size:  339.9 KB
Name:  BRR 135i Vors front lip angle.jpg
Views: 9144
Size:  371.2 KB
Name:  BRR 135i Vors fr lip side.jpg
Views: 7854
Size:  396.1 KB
Name:  BRR 135i Vors front lip corner close.jpg
Views: 7191
Size:  298.0 KB
Name:  BRR 135i Vors fr lip corner close.jpg
Views: 6318
Size:  345.4 KB

And, yes, we can now get this price and we can take orders for this part.
Appreciate 0