View Single Post
      07-21-2011, 10:37 PM   #1
jaf89f
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Calling all 128i owners. I need your honest advice.

Okay, so I have a 2008 128i and the warranty is up in April of 2012. I am already thinking ahead and trying to figure out if I am going to keep the car out of warranty or try to get a newer 1 series that has plenty of warranty left.

That being said, if I am going to keep the car out of warranty I am going to have to upgrade the suspension. I just have to bc if it doesn't have the speed of the 135i I need to at least have it handle well.

However, if I am going to get rid of it come next April, I am not going to touch the car and save my money for a down payment or something.

The only mods I have done thus far include replacing the stock 128i bumper with the 135i one, replacing the stock 256 wheels+run-flats with the 264 style wheel powder coated a gunmetal color with non-runflats, and the bmw perf short shifter. Other than those simple mods she is stock so I haven't put much money into the car as of yet.

The only reason I have held back for 1.5 years on upgrading the suspension is because I always thought I was maybe going to get rid of the car when the warranty was up and didn't want to waste the money.

Just thought I would ask your all opinions on the matter. Thanks!
Appreciate 0