01-22-2008, 06:18 AM   #37
imported_Dodgy
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: SG 135i 6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
First batch will be Feb build. Although these are BMW Aust spec cars and not customer spec cars. All customer cars will be released in May. Where did you order yours Dodgy? I think it would be great if we all share our info here on this thread as we get them. We will be getting drips and draps over the next few weeks I think. I can't wait!
Through corporate fleet management group recommended by a friend (AFM). He purchased an R32 with paint problems and they handled all the negotiations with VW for replacement car. He was impressed, so I thought I'd give them a try. Wish I'd thought of the benefits of waiting a month to improve chances of better build though.

WRT to price. It'll all be clear once BM finalises base price. I am not holding out much scope for bargaining, given the anticipation the car is generating and the limited Aussie release (200 which will incl 135 and I think 128's). With Brisbane and Melbourne shows in Feb, once the wider public gets a look, I reckon demand will surge. Why wouldn't it? Very special car.

Also, I was only offered Black / Beige / Grey for interior.
Appreciate 0