04-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M///1rider View Post
Hey guys when i switched over to the 1m platform i expected tuning to be as easy as it was on the previous n54 135i's.

It has been difficult to find a tune that can keep up with a JB4 or Procede.

I currently have been hopping around and thought that i have decided to do something very nice for the community!!!!!

I have a JB4 from my previous Car and picked up the ESS tune around December.

I ran their stage 1 and let me tell you it was good. Torque raised a lot but the 1M is tuned already from stock over a regular n54. So hp was not that great.

I spoke with AJ over at ESS and he is a great guy. I told him the stage 1 still did not have that extra bump at the top to let it be great but it still was magnificent in second and third gear.

He shot me over a Beta file that had a little more boost and i tried it out. It had a lot more torque and even more hp.

But still did not feel faster than a JB4 n54. This is only there Beta not stage 2 so im waiting to see what they come up with and im keeping their handheld.

After a lot of debate with myself waiting around i could not wait any longer and i bit on the Evolve R. Purchased it through Sonic MS and after a little mix up from USPS i got the package.

Downloaded my regular file which took 1 hour. Then sent it in!!

After anxiously waiting one day i received the Evolve R tune custom to my 1m.

Every spec and even octane rating.

My car is full bolt ons

- AR dps 3" catless
- Berk resonated Mids
- Eisenmann rear race muffler
- Injen dual ram air intake ( thinking about switching need more IAT testing)
- CP-E 3" chargepipe
- HKS bov
- HPF 7" Fmic

- always on 93 octane!!!

- speed delimiter yes!
- catless. Yess!!!
- Rev delimiter. No because i figured we dont even banged our rpms over 6k so there no point.

After receiving their advertise Stage 3 Decatted map. I was so excited. Ive only had it for a couple of days but instantly theres was more hp then ESS

Rough testing i got around 10sec
60-130 times

Torque was just as good as ESS if not better and the RPM band is strong.

Yet to put it to work against other cars but the Evolve -R is running great!!!.

I will do dyno's shortly comparing these tunes but power is good

Also have an aquamist meth kit to install when i have the time.

But let me tell you Evolve is a great company and the Evolve R is a great product. Cant wait to get it on the dyno.

Im hoping for over 410 whp at least with methanol spraying!!!!

Wish me luck
Great, thanks for posting all the details, interesting read. I have no doubt that the dyno will show you over 420 hp and insane levels of torque. Then the question comes: how do you put the power and torque on the tarmac? What tires and what suspension you have?
Appreciate 0