10-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #279
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Just changed trans and diff oil. Want to give Metak big props for posting this thread and TSB. Parts guy couldn't find LT5 until I gave him part number from thread. Then he blows me off when I ask for diff oil with FM booster. Says he knows it already. He writes it up and gas me sign invoice and I notice he is getting me no FM fluid. I told him it came in bottles but he blew me off. Finally I pulled out TSB on my iPhone and he said "oh you want the expensive stuff." So finally he got me the good stuff. So lesson is STILL PAY ATTENTION. Shifting got slicker and I only had 12k miles in gear oil. Diff oil was blacker than I expected for such few miles. Glad I did it and thanks to everyone that helped in this sticky.
If I understood correctly you changed the diff and trans oils second time only after 12K (or 12K plus 1200miles), first in 1200 mile oil service and second now, is it true? If true, what made you go with a second change in such low mileage? Don't get me wrong, not that I am against any kind of oil to be changed earlier than factory recommendations, just would like to know if there was a special reason behind what you did.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0