View Single Post
      03-04-2008, 01:46 PM   #12
looking
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135

^^^
I am very very skeptical of cars going up in value, unless they car limited exotics, ie. the Enzo, or are classic muscle car, ie. the ones you see at Barrett Jackson.

I think it's a false sense of security to think that just because it's limited mean that it will be worth anything. If anything, cult cars hold their value better but, in the majority of the cases won't sell for a profit, ie STi's and Evo. There are exceptions to every rule of course. No matter how good this car is right now or is going to be, I don't see it as a car that will go up in value. In fact I think the new min's have a better chance of going up in value than the 1.

Something else to consider, if it does become a cult/niche car your resale market will be limited and if might take you longer to sell. Also, don't forget buyers of cult/niche cars are pickier and harder to sell to. If you want to know what being squeezed feels like try selling a cult car. When I sold my STi, you wouldn't believe how picky people were. I took great care of my car and had upgrades, but people were expecting a brand new car...just a few things to keep in mind.
Appreciate 0