09-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #23
diamondsbylauren
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 CV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM View Post
If you press the start button once - without stepping on the brake- it will not crank & it will be in the "accessory position". Press again & it would be in the on/crank position. (All idiot lights on briefly). Press again & it will now be in the off position.

The way you describe how your seats work is the way BMW & Mercedes intend them to work. When the person who returns to the car has the same fob as was last used to run the car, the seat will stay in the last position the seat was in when THAT fob was in control. It will not move the seat at all unless someone else with the other fob had run the car in between and the seat had been moved either manually or automatically while the other fob was in control. If that had been the case, when you returned with your fob, the seat would then move to your pre-set memorized starting position. The seat only moves if another fob had control of the vehicle in between your fob's uses.

I have found that if the 2 fobs are in the car at the same time (say husband and Wife, for example) sometimes the car will be confused as to which fob to load all of the settings for, and the result can even be a conflicting mix of the 2 fobs settings.

American cars will always move the seat to the permanently memorized position for the remote used to unlock or start the car each time the car is started with that fob.
This seems to indicate I'm not going to be able to have this work how I wanted.....
If the parking attendant moves the seat- then locks the car with the fob, the seat ain't going to move when I unlock it with that same fob
no matter how the memory settings are set....right?
Appreciate 0