View Single Post
      06-21-2012, 03:41 AM   #1
INDPNDT
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport, BSM/Coral

Arrow M3 Upgrades - What Spring/Shock Combo?

Hey everyone.

I've been tearing through the threads for months going back and forth on different suspension options for my 135. Below is a little background and what I'm looking to accomplish.

The car:
2011 135i M-Sport, 6MT, (Linear springs for 2011)

My goals:
-Lowered by 1"
-Comfortable but sporty/aggressive daily driver
-Not being tracked
-Ideally a "set and forget" system

What I'm currently thinking to tighten the control of the car:
-M3 Front sway bar
-M3 Front control arm upgrade kit (upper & lower control arms, tension struts, bushings etc.)
-M3 Rear Subframe Bushings

I've considered Eibach Pro System but have heard mixed reviews - some saying its "bouncy".

I've considered Koni Yellows with H&R springs but have heard its a bad idea to mix and match a spring/strut.

I've considered going to ST's or buying used TCKline coilovers... but... this is probably way more than I will ever need and a waste of $$$

I've considered BMW performance but it only gives an extra .39" over the M-Sport suspension and is more expensive then going with ST's.

**EDIT - DECISION MADE**
So, I finally bought a suspension after looking through a TON of different combos.

I ended up getting the TCKline Double Adjustable coilovers with the TCKline camber plates to match. Current spring rates are 450 front, 571 rear.

I'm playing with the idea of adding in the M3 rear subframe bushings although I'm going to talk with TC first and see if he recommends the subframe bushings or the M3 front control arm kit. I can't do both at the same time so it will have to be one or the other.

Looking forward to finally seeing how the car rides in a few weeks when I get it installed.

Last edited by INDPNDT; 07-14-2012 at 06:26 PM..
Appreciate 0