View Single Post
      09-28-2015, 08:13 PM   #138
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
Would you mind sharing what this value is, so we can all code it out?
E84_FLR - Engine power Reduction (prevent brake disc overheating by reducing engine power) - nicht_aktiv

If you have a non xdrive DSC the value will still be there but it might not be a simple aktiv/nicht__aktiv. If it is a wert value you will want to set it to the one that corresponds with a hex value of zero.

I have tested this on the track and it works 100%.

To disable the diff lock you want to code out AX_REF_Diff_Lock or anything with a Diff_Lock in it (varies by chassis, but they all have it).

While you are in there, code off any variant of

E84_HBA - Hydraulic Brake Assist
E84_EVB - Brake Standby (reduce brake delay by lightly applying the brakes for when they might be required)
E84_HPS - Brake Fading Compensation (maintains pedal feel by gradually increasing braking pressure)

Ignore the e84, that is because I have an X1. Instead of e84 in those values, you will have your chassis code. This gives DRASTICALLY increased braking consistency and performance on track.

I have not noticed a difference in daily street driving but I am not liable if you code these off and hurt yourself. By coding those values off you accept the risk that something could go wrong and that you accept all responsibility.

Coding those braking parameters off gained me 1+Second on my laptimes at Mid Ohio because of braking consistency and pedal feel. We don't actually have real knockback on this platform, it is the stupid computers pre tensioning and un tensioning the brakes.
Appreciate 5