i miss boost
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Mercedes C63 AMG P30

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomquickness View Post
I've been on the track for the 512 project but didn't get to do any laps it was torture! It was my impression that to do track days there was pretty expensive compared to Harris Hill? How bad was it?
I paid $395 for the level 1 course that takes you around their short course for a full day 9am-4pm with an hour lunch break..

It's $35 per session on friday saturday and sunday and $25 per session during the week. Each session is around 20-30 mins. Lap times in a stock 135 are around 41 seconds so you're looking at 30+ laps.

Once you do 10 sessions after you take the L1 course you can take a test where you have to lay down a number of lap times within something like a half second of each other. If you apss the test you can take the L2 course at $395 again to learn a longer track that has a reverse of the laguna seca corckscrew and a bunch of elevation change.

Same goes with L2 testing and on to L3 that has a set of very long flat straight aways where you can probably get close to topping out 4th gear.

The surface is super sticky, way different than driving on the street, it chewed through a lot of my bridgetstone run flats in 90 miles of track time during the L1 class.

Get out there its a good time and taught me a ton about my car you can never learn on the street.