shodanusmc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 135 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by eogintz View Post
ShodanUSMC,

Hi,

Could you give me some details about battery tender you got from BMW? My mechanic recommended the BMW tender as well but I read a lot of good stuff about DelRan.

Does yours plug into cigarette lighter or directly to battery or charging posts?
Is yours auto shut off when battery topped off?
Do you mind telling me which model you have and the cost from dealer?
How often do you need to do this to keep battery fully charged?

Thanks in advance. I don't mind spending more but just want to make sure that I get one that works well and causes no damage to car electronics.

Ed
I have the BMW Advanced Battry Charging System. P/N 021-0128, Model BMW 82110406881. Mine has the clips at you can put on and take off in 1 second, and it clips to the red cap in the enfine compartment and to a ground. It floats, so one it is at full charge, the unit is on, but not over charing. I leave it hooked up all winter and when I know that the car will not be driven for 4-5 days. I believe I paid around $70 and it is made by Deltran.. That is why I know I could have found one cheaper, but at least they could not say it is the chargers fault if I got it from them. If you drive the car often, you should not have a problem. You may be due for a new battery regardless.
Appreciate 0