View Single Post
      04-08-2008, 10:30 AM   #97
imported_MPower
Zoom Zoom
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

I just read through this whole thread and two posts stood out to me. The first was this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian's bmw
Firstly, BMW NA isn't giving us much mark up to begin with on 1er's. It's actually laughable.
Now, not being a salesman myself or having any reliable connections to the dealerships, I have no idea what the margins are. But this line has been used again and again by salesmen and nearly every time it isn't true. Like I said, you could be correct but you will get killed walking into dealerships if you accept these sorts of statements.

But the most interesting post, to me, was this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by young1er View Post
While I do sell vehicles for $800 over invoice and I will meet a customer's needs and be polite and respectful, but when confronted like this I feel that most salesmen would get a little offended.
"Get a little offended?" That statement highlights a major problem that buyers have when going to purchase a car. The salesman is NOT your friend! The salesman has done you no favors. Why should we be concerned if the salesman gets offended? I don't understand how so many people have been forced into these submissive states where they actually think that the salesman is their long lost buddy. Business is business. If a salesman got "offended" because I made a reasonable offer, I would walk away immediately.

I really like what Robert has done here. Smart way to do business.