04-08-2008, 12:09 PM   #99
young1er
1st Class
Rep
Drives: '08 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPower View Post
But the most interesting post, to me, was this:

"Get a little offended?" That statement highlights a major problem that buyers have when going to purchase a car. The salesman is NOT your friend! The salesman has done you no favors. Why should we be concerned if the salesman gets offended? I don't understand how so many people have been forced into these submissive states where they actually think that the salesman is their long lost buddy. Business is business. If a salesman got "offended" because I made a reasonable offer, I would walk away immediately.

I really like what Robert has done here. Smart way to do business.

And that right there is the problem. When I do business with people I tend to develop more of a relationship with them. Business made more personal. It assures that they will keep coming back to me for future needs. I am still a person and shouldn't be treated like a tool. AND this offer IS NOT resonable. Someone already stated that these cars are in high demand and turning down $800 over invoice is not a big deal because someone else will walk in willing to pay MSRP. Also, you would see in my statement that I am NOT A CAR SALESMAN. I sell commercial vehicles and was merely giving my opinion on the issue.