View Single Post
      05-11-2005, 08:48 PM   #38
Nu 3 in Sin City
Driver of the Ultimate Driving Machine
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Hi Everyone,

In case you have read my previous posts on this matter, I wanted to give you all an update on my situation.

I received a call from the BMW Sunbelt Regional Manager today. On behalf of BMW, he apologized for the screw up involving my car. As previously mentioned, the car arrived at the Port in California on April 18th and waiting until the 6th ( Release date ) to be placed on a Truck and shipped here to Las Vegas. Well, on Monday I got a call from the dealer telling me that they did not know where the car was. I was then told yesterday that it was damaged at the Port and there was a dispute between teh Port and the Trucking company as to who was at fault. Meanwhile, the compters showed that it left the Port , but the Trucking company's computers showed that they didn't have it. I finally got an answer today, the car sustained a scratch on the rear bumper, about a pinkie's length and 1/32" wide. The Port is in the process of repairing the scratch and hopes to get it on the Truck by Friday/Saturday. It should be delivered to my dealer by Mid to Late next week, if not earlier.

I was very upset during this ordeal, but am now satisfied with the end reslut finally knowing what actually happened and that it will be taken care of. So, if anyone happens to be in the same situation, be patient, make phone calls and follow through until you get the truth. It all turned out fine for me and it was just one of those fluke things that happen on rare occassions.

I'm still thrilled about getting my car and can't wait to share some Pics of the car when it gets here.
Appreciate 0