View Single Post
      12-08-2011, 07:36 AM   #21
BMW Gator
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C8/R8/1M/X5/JK Rubicon/FJ40

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldBMWguy View Post
Gator-- Can you comment on this installation's effect [if any] on the 2200-2800 rpm DRONE that so many 1M's have ?? Dit you have the drone before installing the pipes, and did it change the drone any ??

Thanks,

Joe B [aka oldbmwguy]
Joe,
I did have the drone between 2200-2600 and it my initial reaction is it is definitely less (this was around town driving) - I will be on the highway this weekend so I will report back

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOM View Post
So does it make the exhaust that much louder? What kind of warranty issues does this create. Is this a slightly less intense mod than changing the downpipes in terms of that?
On a 1M yes the exhaust will be louder. Louder at cold startup, very similiar to stock at idle. As as the RPM's increase it really has a nice increase in volume. Not intrusive at all - in fact you will find yourself shifting at 500-1000 RPM's higher than before because it sounds so good

I am not aware of anyone denying a warranty claim for a midpipe change. The dealer would have to prove that the midpipe change was the reason for the warranty claim. It is downstream of the primary cats so you will not have any CEL light issues.

This is MUCH easier than installing DP's!
Appreciate 0