View Single Post
      06-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #9
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

True, denatured alcohol is ETHANOL, I'm an idiot for not realizing. Doh! Ethanol is less combustible and has a higher boiling point than water, but I'm not sure about the effects this would have when injecting it into the intake tract.

Also, even if it was "100%" ethanol, it wouldn't be. Ethanol forms an azeotrope with water and can't be distilled to 100% purity, ever. But that's honestly splitting hairs.

But back on topic... Don't wanna use ethanol, though im sure the effects would be similar. Lab methanol is expensive. Boost juice is sort of expensive. Does the antifreeze have other additives in it? Or is it really just methanol and water? I just don't wanna have any other random ingredients making their way into my engine!

Distilled water is expensive. Bottled water has minerals in it. Water distillers are expensive. Don't wanna steal gallons of DI water from the labs I have access to. What to do... (ps it would really help to know how often I should expect to have to refill! Hint hint)

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0