View Single Post
      08-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #16
tskouros
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

So to answer the questions. I have been looking for a 1M and thought it was a good deal for a salvage. Found through CarFax that the car was purchased at Shelley BMW and was totaled out 45 days later. Apparently the car hit a curb at high speed. No frame damage and $6k worth of parts and the car was ok (car needed 2 wheels, Paint only on the bumper cover, and left side control arms + misc.). Seller bought the car to convert it to a race car, but the club guidelines wouldn't allow him to run the car in the class he wanted. He is selling the car without the seatbelt and airbags, but can put them in if I want him to at his cost $1350). I had a friend go look at it and it looks legit. His story is that he was told that the 1st owner had the car and got replacement coverage within the 1st 6 months of ownership, so the insurance company had to total it out per his contract.
I was reaching out because I am flying to GA to pick it up and wanted to know from the knowledgable forum members if they may know the previous owner from SoCal, or the story to see if what I've researched/been told, is true. I can get out of the deal otherwise, as the seller feels he sold it too low and would be more than happy to re-list the car.
Any info would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0