Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaweizen View Post
oh yea i read up on the 1M mod last night and you better have deep pockets and a lot of time to invest. the plus side is you can rest knowing you did all the work in making your car a masterpiece but the downside is you can go and get a 1M for cheaper than a 135 and a conversion. youre paying for the name in my opinion, same reason that an axleback muffler delete for our cars is north of 450 bucks
Where are you people seeing these cheap 1M's? Cheapest used 1M listed right now is $58k. Most are well over $60k. On the other hand used 135i's are dirt cheap right now.
None of us went out and bought 135i's for these conversions. We all started with modded 135i's.

If I added up every dollar I have ever spent modding my 135i over the past few years plus the cost of the car, I absolutely be near the 1M price range. But because I don't have a time machine and because I already have a tuned 135i with an LSD, m3 suspension etc. - and the current market value of an N54 135i, It would have cost me $15-20k more to change into an actual 1M. Both Mybad135i and Venom had insurance claims too which mitigated much of the cost of their conversions.

My 135i has been insanely reliable and I would rather build the car to my own tastes and save the money.

Our cars will never be 1Ms and not hold their value like a 1M, but that doesn't concern me, and it doesn't seem to concern mybad135i or venom. My goal has never been to build a car that is equal or lesser than a 1M, my goal is to make a really good car regardless of factory designation. I am not making one either because I cannot afford a 1M.

I have spent nearly 5 months pulling up parts diagrams and researching what I need for this sort of build. I have learned a ton about the 135i and the 1M. It has been an amazing process I would have missed out on had I just bought a 1M.
Appreciate 0