View Single Post
      11-17-2011, 01:57 PM   #25
jbinbi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 35i

Having a honda as well, it is a nice feature. Simple to do, and yes, it won't work 100% for everyone. Cars for the US get a rom that says on the last sun of oct at 2am set the clock back an hour. For the few states that don't conform to dst, ok, owners have to set it again. As a response to my OP, not really a big deal. And our honda is 2007, which has setting for the wrong sat, it is now the first sun morn in Nov. So for a week, my clock is an hour off. In a week, it will be correct.

Before the internet, I always wondered why we didn't broadcast a time signal modulated on top of the 60hz electrical. Everything that plugs into the wall that has a clock could have a circuit to demod this info. Must be hundreds of millions a year, this circuit would add almost nothing to the cost, and EVERYTHING would have the correct time...

As above posters say, a connection to the internet should take of this. I don't have gps in my bmw, but i understand in the new ones, they can connect to internet to get google maps. (assuming they connect thru your phone via btooth). If this is the case, then your clock could be updated thru NIST servers.
Appreciate 0