View Single Post
      11-20-2011, 10:51 PM   #35
jbinbi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
The Germans/Europeans do DST. We change our time/clocks/uhr - two weeks before you guys do in Fall and Spring. lol

OP the reason why the Germans don't have a cpu do this for you is bc they ASSUME the driver's of thier cars have some smarts. That is always not the case though - espcially in the American market. It literally takes like 15 secs to scroll thru the BC thumb drive and change the time or date. No biggie.
Partially agree. i distribute German products in north america, and there is a cultural diff. They assume we actually will read the manual before use, and if we have a problem look it up (this is a generalization). I half jokingly tell them that we are not so smart and we are lazy and we want things to happen without work.

and even though i consider myself a hardworking intelligent person, with an advanced degree in 2 science disciplines, and know computers inside and out, I am writing this thread because i don't want to dig out the manual, look up how to set the clock and do it, even though it will take all of 60 seconds. (if I was a super enthusiast playing with the computer all the time, it would happen off the top off my head, but truthfully, i only play with the computer 2x a year to do this and don't remember the sequence.)

I purchased this car to experience the pleasure of driving it in nice weather, and as someone who used to design cpus, it bothers me that the car can do it for you, as my honda does, but it doesn't.

end beating this subject to death//
Appreciate 0