View Single Post
      05-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #32
the1andonly
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: black on black 128i manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJx View Post
Honestly, I think it could be... but maybe I'm just crazy.

Every single BMW on the market today has something about its exterior that I can either critique or our just outright dislike.

The E90 3 series sedan has a weird front that looks strange at certain angles imo. The sportier coupe model looks amazing from the front... but the rear doesn't quite fit for some odd reason. Just seems a bit too flat and "boxy" to me. The 7 series are definitely cool cars... but they've always looked a bit over-the-top (and for the price, maybe they should be). Much more feature / performance rich than it is visually pleasing though. New 6 series coupe / convertible looks like a dolphin on steroids. 5 Series is pretty nice, I'll admit... but I actually liked the previous model (E60's) more than the newer F-10's. E46 / M3 is probably one of the more aesthetically pleasing BMW's, in my eyes at least... but even the M3's looks seem to have downgraded a bit with the introduction of the E90's imho.

Now, when I step back and look at the 1 series... I see damn near perfection (I'm talking exterior only, of course). It is a BEAUTIFUL vehicle in my eyes and all of the curves, the overall size, and minor details seem to compliment each other very well overall. It has just the right touch of "aggressiveness", while still maintaining a certain level of elegance and luxuriousness.

In short, it just looks like BMW got it "right" to me.

...but then again, maybe it's just because I own one
I AGREE 150%! Im a professional designer and have a trained eye to critique all aspects of design, proportion and aesthetics. You not only nailed why the 1 is the best looking but exactly whats wrong with the others (especially the 3 coupe)...nice job!
Appreciate 0