View Single Post
      01-13-2010, 05:04 PM   #15
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Thanks for the feedback guys. Just to clear things up, I do want something with a respectable amount of speed and also something that looks good as I'll have to look at it every day. I've been going back and forth between the HSV Maloo Ute and the FPV F6 Tornado Ute. I would love something like an X6 but they are way beyond what I am willing to spend. Also, I can't imagine being satisfied with the N54 in such a heavy car, I'd need the X6M to truly enjoy it in terms of performance.

The Maloo will give me the V8 grunt which I've never had before and the F6 Ute is only a V6 turbo'd but has a phenomenal amount of speed from 70-120km/hr that not many cars can match. It's hard to decide between the 2. The HSV will probably see a new series in the next year as well so it would be worthwhile hanging out for that. To complicate things even more the on the front page of the latest Motor Mag it says the new FPV GT model will have a 5.0l V8 Supercharged with 325kw and 600nm torque and rev out to 7000rpm

I'm still researching both cars and having a tough time deciding. They are both equally good. I may even settle for an SS ute as it seems like the more sensible option but we'll see what happens. For those that brought up the 4WD factor, this car will not be going off-road and I won't be towing anything around. I just need the extra space to move stuff around from time to time.
Appreciate 0