fusion01
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: Ford Focus ST: 2.5l /5 cyl

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Probably just one of those ECU hiccups that seem to happen randomly in modern cars like this one where everything is connected and controlled by the ECU. I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again.
On this forum every once in a while we get a thread about some 1 series doing some random limp mode. Most seem to get cleared by simply shutting off the car and starting it back up. Very odd.

Did you try shutting the car off and starting it back up?
If it happens again try it. At best you'll be back to 100% performance.
At worst you're back at the dealer and asking for a REAL fix.

That "reducing power to prevent over heated brakes" sounds odd though. I don't recall knowing that the ECU had a sensor for brake heat.

Good speed and have fun.
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, next time I'll switch it off and then on again - reboot! - and I'm sure all will be fine. However that is a bit of a contradiction to 'I wouldn't worry unless it happens again'

Honestly I won't be worried, I think this car is just prone to quirks (after the dealer had serviced it, my radio switched on automatically twice and my power window wouldn't automatically return to close, would stop when I released the switch -fixed itself after a while).

If it carries on more than a few times I'll have it seen to. I think the brakes issue was just rubbish.
135i M-Sport: 240kw & 480nm ATW / 6MT / AW / SR / HK Logic 7 / iDrive / Lumbar Support & Seat Heating / BMW Perf Exhaust, Side Skirts, Grilles, Rotors & Gear Knob / CF Mirrors & Boot Spoiler / gunmetal CSL Reps
Appreciate 0