GaryS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 6MT

Garage List
2009 135i  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 011100001 View Post
Gary, I have to disagree with this statement. I installed H&R springs just recently and the improvements vise the stock springs are night and day... I live in NOVA/DC and the roads here are sh1tty; full of pot holes and dangerous bumps smack dab in the middle of most of the turns on the beltway (well at least the routes I take). After installing the H&R's I noticed, being modest, 35-40% decrease in rear end movement. On the other hand, I did keep the stock shocks and I can honestly say the ride quality is inversely proportional to the stiffness... Maybe when I do the M3 Bushings; I'll upgrade to some Koni's.
I don't know why you didn't have this problem but I did after installing BMW Performance springs, and I've seen many posts from other people who had the same problem after installing stiffer springs.

In this post, TC Kline is quoted saying the same thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
Picked up the latest Roundel, there is a small section on the TC Kline 135i ... Interesting comments that confirm what has been stated ^^^ about the M3 rear subframe bushings.

Per Kline's own words: "One of the first things you need to do with the 135i if you upgrade the suspension is put the M3 subframe bushings in it. The bushings are way too soft in the 1- and 3- series cars. If you do any kind of suspension upgrade and keep the stock bushings, the back end will bounce... Even if you put the stock M3 rear springs in a 135 or 335, the car would be really bouncy over bumps, because the subframe bushings are going to deflect 1-1 1/2 inches... For the M3, BMW used better bushings instead of the mushy stuff used in the other cars... Replacing the bushings is key."
Appreciate 0