Drives: BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Lightbulb First Test Report of 1M Coupe PreDrive from Hong Kong Z4 driver

Featured on
1ADDICTS HOMEPAGE

Name:  hkz4driver.jpg
Views: 8380
Size:  40.9 KB

I am the only Asian test driver of this event.
I have a Z4 23i & a X5 30xdrive. I have driven 135 convertible before.

The first impression was not so impressive because the real shape of the car was masked by the camouflage. But I noticed the back of the car was so wide. The sound of starting the engine was wonderful. The clutch is not extremely hard. The gear shift distance is short & precise. Easy to handle (this is my 1st time driving a left-hand drive MT car).

After we went onto the highway, it was raining heavily. I already noticed the steering was very sensitive. The dampers were so good & no jumping at all. Even passing puddles, the car remained in the driving line. I can easily feel the movement of the chassis from my seat. I can overtake easily while on 6th gear just by putting my right foot to the gas paddle. Then we went onto small country road. The chassis remained clean & accurate even we were driving 100km/hr.

On the test track, it was also raining heavily & my car was loaded with 4 people including me. I could not push the car to the limit. The brake was very strong & smooth. It could bring my car from 200km/hr to 100km/hr before the U turn quickly & I only needed to down shift 1 gear to slow down the car. Even I used 3rd gear at the U turn, the power remained & I can shift to 4th gear after the apex. No turbo lag was experienced. I noticed the toque remained almost abundant from 2000rev up to 5500rev.

The interior is little bit boring because the layout same as normal 1 series. Only the orange stitches & bucket seat were attractive.

The exterior of the car is aggressive. Thank you to the front bumper, wide fender & nice looking wheels. If it is orange, you will recognize this is an M car easily. There will be a LED line above the headlight. The tail light use the L shape LED thick strip. The back diffuser housed 4 exhausts.

What I like: the highly balanced chassis with the bi-turbo engine
What I dislike: still a little bit under-power if this is an M car. The interior is not very interesting.
Appreciate 0