View Single Post
      05-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #166
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
That's true Adrian but I would have thought they'd test that before releasing the product. You don't actually need a RHD car to use the Harness - you'd just have 3 feet of extra cable...
Where the cable is routed can make difference to this also. I doubt they could replicate your setup with a LHD car, as some things you may route your cable near may not be in the same place on LHD car.

For the Procede I had some local test cars that I did all testing of RHD N55 harnesses. We went through a couple of harness revisions to get to the one we now sell.

Having said that, I much prefer to sell an N54 Procede than N55. Because of the different harness there is much higher potential for incorrect installation, or damage to a harness during installation. And even if you get it right, if you have the old DME firmware, you might get occasional limp/codes. It is rare to get an N54 Procede issue. That is not to say we don't get issues, but normally not sourced to N54 Procede. HPFP issues often surface the first time you turn the wick up on performance as they do with any tune.
Appreciate 0