08-29-2008, 11:57 AM   #40
GemBm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, Spt Pkg,Nav,PDC,IPOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp0nger View Post
you think riss racing or any other company makes thier profit off catch cans?

no... these guys know what there talking about.
No not all of it but some. I thought vendors were in business to make a profit off of the items they sell. Is that or any of the products advertised on this site free? For the record I'm not bashing RR this product or any product it's your money. I'm going to be devils advocate. My question is it necessary will the amount of oil cause you engine to fail in the long run? If items like these help protect the engine leave it on when you get your car serviced. Let these vendors like DINAN does cover your warranty if BMW voids it.

I'm just not one of those conspiracy theorist that believes BMW wants their cars to break down as soon as they are out of warranty. Here in Germany it's two years unlimited mileage that's it and no free services. before anything else BMW was a engine company. The master mechanic at the dealership where I go (over 35 years of experience) told me you don't need it. He said you can drive around with football gear on too it would probably make you safer but is it necessary? The key is regular maintenance IMHOP. Hey you never know I can be wrong.
Appreciate 0