View Single Post
      01-16-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
IGoFast1589
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

18x8.5 Arc 8s, 245/35/18 Kumhos and NO RUB!

I just mounted up my new wheel and tire setup after having burned through enough of my snow tires without any snow here in NY/CT area... Sad because of the lack of snow, but extremely happy that my wheels and tires mounted up!

Many thanks to EFI Logics in Bethel, CT for mounting this beasts up. They carefully mounted them as to prevent any scratching on the surface of the wheel and they did an excellent job for a fair price. 1/4 of the cost of what it cost me to mount and balance tires at the local BMW dealer. They'll be installing my GC street camber plates and aligning the car soon for some serious grip! Check out their website and give Chris a call as they'll be starting to offer custom tuning solutions through the Cobb Accessport soon! Anyone coming from the Subaru world may actually know about these guys already, they rule!

The setup is 245/35/18 Kumho Ecsta XS's (because there are no other tires offered in the extreme performance class in that size) mounted to 18x8.5 +45 Apex Arc 8s. The suspension is stock and so is the alignment and the car gets NO RUB, even under full cornering load. Based on what I have read on these forums I expected to run into some trouble with either the strut tube or the fender and I am pleasantly surprised to say that I ran into neither issue. Anyone that thought it couldn't be done, here is your proof that it can! I will post back after having the GC plates installed and dialing in some negative camber in the front as I may need to get some spacers to make it all work nicely.

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think!

Last edited by IGoFast1589; 01-16-2012 at 02:56 PM..
Appreciate 0