View Single Post
      02-13-2006, 06:47 AM   #21
MrIvory
Rep
Drives: 325 Black Sapphire 2005

David and Jamie
The Prof Nav in Australia to my knowledge does not allow you to enter the postcode. This is not too annoying to me but I agree it is really annoying that you cannot enter a street name before you choose a suburb. Sometimes you do not know the exact suburb when a street passes through.

You can select an aread by dragging the cursor over a map and zooming in and out to select a location - but this is tiresome. I gather this would not be available on the Bus Nav as I didnt think it had maps?

Interests in Australia seem to be limited - it definitely doesnt have startbucks or other such points of interest - probably a future upgrade.

To my knowledge, you are correct the nav calculates the time remaining based on you average speed and the distance remaining. It does not have knowledge of the speed limits - but you find as you get on a highway the time comes down - as you get closer it is more accurate.

Overall - Nav is great and the position is excellent to save on looking down like in an A4 or Merc, but there is room for improvement with the software.

Ivory