View Single Post
      10-31-2013, 05:16 PM   #27
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdriver View Post
Any idea as to how many pounds of pressure that the tire is low before the warning comes on?!!

I used to check my tires regularly, but with the BMW sensor I wrongly ASSumed that after a deficit of a 2-3 lbs the sensor would kick in.

I too recently had the warning go off on my front left tire. I checked it and it was 10lbs low...so was the left front!....both rears were down 5 lbs....

I have a portable compressor and will be checking regularly in the future...!

Sounds like the BMW sensor system is a joke...
I can't find it right now but I remember it's a pretty high threshold. The TPMS warning doesn't go off either when it falls 25% below whatever it was last reset to, or maybe it's when it falls to 25% of whatever it was last set to. So, it's not only a major drop until it will go off, but supposedly our cars are notorious for slowly leaking out air from the TPMS as Dackel informed of us.

For example, I checked mine this past weekend, and after 5 weeks, each tire was down about 2-3 PSI when taken after the car had sat overnight and was about the same outside temperature. So, especially on our cars, check 'em, and check 'em often.
Appreciate 0