View Single Post
      03-13-2011, 09:17 PM   #1
mkvigli
Add1ct
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85 Z4

Sunroof Explosion

Of course this would happen to me--came as a total shock. Typical day: just driving along, windows closed around 72mph, no cars around, when I hear a loud "bang" and glass is everywhere inside the car. So glad that I didn't wreck, as the noise really shook me up.

Immediately called the dealership--they said they had a loaner ready but wouldn't be able to determine whether the warranty would cover repairs until they got the car in to take a look at it. I'm just glad that I know that this isn't an isolated issue, as I've seen it once or twice, but am still kind of worried they'll try to throw the blame on me and get my insurance to cover it. They did take that stance initially, saying that it was an insurance issue, and not a warranty issue.

I've searched the forums a bit, and this isn't a very common issue, though it has happened before. At this point I'm just anxious to hear back from the dealership... but it's only been two days. Anyone have any advice for if they try to throw the blame on me?

Last edited by mkvigli; 03-13-2011 at 09:48 PM..
Appreciate 0