01-18-2013, 11:31 PM   #2
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPSI
I just had a 135/128 M-Sport bumper installed on my daughters 09 128 vert at a local body shop. This shope does work for area BMW dealers but they have never performed this swap previously. The new bumper required the "pop-up" style washers Vs. the "fixed" ones that came with the car.

I purchased all of the parts to make the switch-over and it fits together/looks just fine. Only problem is, when you activate the washers, they pop-up, but they don't go back down (they will if you push them one side, then the other). It's as if the washer feed line remains under pressure/full of fluid thus keeping the nozzles in the up position....

Does anyone know by my doing this, does it require a different windshield washer pump that might have some sort of relief valve to enable the pop-ups to drop back down? If it's not the pump, what am I missing?

The shop is going to attempt to get with a BMW Tech on Monday. Looking for an answer prior to... Thx
I recently deleted the pop up washers on my 135i.

You need to check the part number for the windshield washer reservoir. It is located in the passenger side fender. It comes with a set of pumps. It is possible they are different than that on the 128i. The system is very simple and if you have the pop up washers and lines, my guess is it has to do with the washer reservoir.
Appreciate 0