08-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #15
jose325i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukuss View Post
Do you have active steering?
No. The PS fluid reservoir cap has the green circle sticker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGM <3 View Post
I wouldn't rule that as a culprit, I had the same tires for 10,000 miles and not once did they make the steering feel 'loose'. Well until I hit a pothole and threw my car out of alignment/needed new bushings. I would check everything yourself first just in case, because spending tons on new tires when it could just be a bushing is no fun.
Yeah, I'll get under the car and see for myself tomorrow. I have some 19" wheels laying around with some very worn yokohama advan sports. They still felt great on my e46 when I took them off, so I'll try them on and see if it changes the feel or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
Well the old Michelin PS2 had the reputation for most responsive feel. It's not really available anymore and has been replaced by Pilot Super Sport. That is an excellent tire in every way, but I don't know whether there's another newer tire that has better steering response.

Oh, I'll add that the runflats do have a very sharp feel due to the stiff sidewalls. But you might not like everything about them. They are also a newer model tire since the ones I had.
Thanks for the recommendations, I'll keep an eye out for those after I wear out my current set. I'm not throwing away new tires, I would rather live with it meanwhile if they end up being the culprit