View Single Post
      03-08-2006, 04:37 AM   #64
Muttley
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: VW MKIV GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyGirl
So I opted for a Sparkling Graphite, and hope that its gets delivered next week (some hope) Unfortunately I thought Sparkling Graphite would look good. It looks Ok in photos, but jis ust plain dull when I have seen them on the roads. So I now realise that I have made a major boo boo I can see that resale of SG cars will be low in a few years time.

I now realsie I should have gone for a classic Jet Black. BTW TiAg and white are pretty stupid choices as well, and I don't think Black Saphire will look particulatrly good, unless its plished very day.

Anyone else feel happy with their SG choice after a few months ?
I have a Black car now and trust me you will need to polish that color everyday just like the Black Saphire to look nice.

When detailaing cars the one car I dread most is the darker ones. They always show swirlmarks, dents, chips, and left over wax on the chip marks. However when it is detailed its the best color for showing the jetting factor or wetness of the paint.

White and TiAg seem to be very nice for the daily commuter. After it rains it doesn't seem to get hit as hard as the darker ones. Chips , dents, and swirlmarks are harder locate unlike a darker car. There is a drawback, less jetting factor. However these colors tend to give you a brighter appearence and accent the body lines more.

I guess in the end its what you think is best for you and personal choice. If you like to spend money or time keeping your car clean, go dark.. its the best choice for showing off your cars paint. If you are a busy person that does not have the time for the upkeep, I would go for the lighter colors.

There are pro's and cons, but there are no stupid choices.
Appreciate 0