Thread: Costs in NYC?
View Single Post
      03-30-2012, 04:39 AM   #15
RootCanal05
Clutch Rider
Rep
Drives: 335i xDrive M-Sport

I've parked in 4 different garages with my 135, prices ranged from $200-$400/month. High prices didn't mean better treatment of my car. I have an obscene amount of bumper guards when I park there but they still manage to find the one spot on the bumper not protected. I tip generously, treat them with respect but stern with them when I see an attendant thinking my car is their toy. I also feed them with tasty treats and this seems to have bumped me up on the "VIP" list--meaning my car is always ready and in the front whereas other customers have to call to request the car. That being said, since 2009 total damage:
Broken driver's side window and damaged driver's inner door panel
New rear bumper and dent removed from trunk lid (idiot backed into a standpipe)
Dented and scratched rear driver's fender (idiot rubbed a building support beam)
1 stray cat marking up the interior
Constantly leaving the windows down causing the interior to be covered in dirt/dust
Someone left their finished breakfast on the driver's seat.
The passenger side is peppered with door dings and scratches.
My personal favorite is during the winter time the ceiling leaks and salt from above drips on your car. One guy thought he was doing me a favor by "washing" it for me which resulted in swirls and scratches. The only time the garage owned up to the damage was when they broke the window and the excuse was that "it just broke." After further questioning, the attendant forgot how to speak English. The garage paid for the repairs but it was a headache. I can only imagine the damage if it was street parked. My poor car.....